- Debunking the negative stigmas associated with therapy.
- Religion’s impact on people’s perception of therapy.
- Allycin’s journey in becoming a mental health expert.
- Cognitive-Behavioral therapy vs. Dialectal Behavior therapy.
- EMDR therapy and its benefits for trauma patients.
- The importance of breath and how it ties you to the present.
- The struggle of maintaining mindfulness while working in a traumatic field.
- How Allycin is using her psychology background as a creative consultant.
- Fish Bowl: What worries you most about the future? What have you gained from your current job? Who have you hurt the most and have you apologized?
- And much more!
More About Allycin
Dr. Ally is a Creative Consultant and Entertainment Mental Health Expert based in Los Angeles, CA. She earned her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Loma Linda University and subsequently completed her training at Cedars Sinai and Kaiser Permanente Medical Centers. Dr. Ally also serves as a Creative Consultant for screenwriters, directors, and actors. As a consultant, she integrates her expertise in neuroscience and creativity to develop client brands, organize their lives and to define clear goals for their futures. Her research on minority women, cosmetic surgery and the impact of media on body image has been presented at conferences around the world. Using this research, she directly impacts and improves the lives of women through workshops, networking events, and hands-on mentoring. Dr. Ally is also a regular guest on KFI AM 640’s, Mo’Kelly show, and Harp’s House podcast where she focuses on issues of mental health, neurocognition, diversity, relationships, and aesthetics. In her eyes, mental health is much more intricate than the therapist’s couch. It weaves itself throughout the creative moments of everyday life.
Connect with Allycin
Spread the Word
Love Jays Newsletter
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Join the hundreds who’ve already subscribed to the best newsletter on the internet!