- Nathan’s motivation behind his upcoming documentary, A Fatherless Generation.
- Overcoming his 10-year battle with suicide and depression.
- How interviewing 100+ people for the film helped him define “fatherless”.
- Nathan’s biggest lesson he learned about himself throughout this journey.
- The impact growing up fatherless has had on his dating life.
- Fish Bowl: Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? How many friends would trust with your life? Is there something you wish you didn’t know?
- And much more!
More About Nathan
Nathan Cheney was born and raised in Southeast, Kansas. Cheney received his Bachelors in Cinema and Television production from Columbia College Hollywood.
A Fatherless Generation marks Nathan Cheney’s debut as a feature film Director and Producer. Preceding his first feature film, Cheney co-directed and produced his first short documentary “Punch Clock” which won “Best Short Documentary” in 2008 at Southern Winds Film Festival.
Cheney has built his career from the ground up. His first big break started as an intern at ABC/Disney Television and eventually lead to his first full-time industry position as a Production Assistant on NBC’s Access Hollywood. He quickly soared up the ranks and became a celebrity assistant for TV personality Billy Bush. In addition, Cheney has worked on multiple network television productions as a Production Coordinator & Social Media producer.
Cheney’s true passion is to create and share stories from a unique perspective that will further the human experience. Once A Fatherless Generation documentary premieres, Cheney is slated to begin pre-production on his next feature film.
Connect with Nathan
Father Father Music Video
Spread the Word
Love Jays Newsletter
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Join the hundreds who’ve already subscribed to the best newsletter on the internet!