Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Play | Stitcher |
Justin and Joy prepare for their upcoming holiday trip to New York and share a powerful lesson about perseverance and understanding.
- Our first visit to New York during the Christmas season.
- Joy’s attempt to live a fully vegan lifestyle…Justin isn’t here for it.
- Celebrating our nephew’s birthday at the LA Auto Show.
- Are you down to go skydiving with Justin for his 30th birthday?
- Introducing America’s newest holiday: Wayment Wednesday.
- How unemployment and a recent TV gig challenged Justin to swallow his pride.
- And much more!
Continue reading “Swallow Your Pride”
Man, oh man! It’s been quite some time since I opened up my laptop to write a blog post. If I’m not mistaken, this will be my first post since October 2013.
Can we talk about 2013 for a minute?
2013 was arguably the hardest year I’ve experienced in adulthood.
- Unemployment: 6 months
- Living out of a duffle bag: 9 months
- Lost 20 pounds because I couldn’t afford to feed myself
- Got a job only to be laid off 3-months later
But on the flip side, 2013 was a great year.
- Growing blog and online radio show
- YouTube vlogging spot on a celebrity network channel
- Got the keys to our 1st place together
- Employed by a company I’m still with today
Even in the midst of a storm, we still have the power to focus our attention on the positive and use our struggles as motivation to propel us where we need to be in life. Yes, 2013 was a rough patch, but it was also the foundation for where I’m at today.
So what’s happened since our last post?
Joy and I got married in August 2015, exactly eight years to the day when I first spoke to her freshmen year of college. We are the proud owners of two crazy dogs, Ollie and Hazel. My hairline has receded even further. And we are still driving each other bat shit crazy.
Guess you can say things haven’t changed too much.
We are excited to venture on this fun journey together! Tell your friends, colleagues, parents, grandparents, roommates, girlfriend, boyfriend, bae, and anyone else I’m missing…THE LOVE JAYS ARE BACK!
Good Morning Love Birds!
In this week’s episode, we were joined by Kristen Carter, screenwriter and television producer. We discussed Memorial Day weekend, celibacy, Mr. J’s struggle with unemployment, Zach Sobiech, and the difference between east coast/west coast men.
Special congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Jared and Jordana Kaiser (Mr. J’s college teammate) on their wedding this weekend!