Justin and Joy sit down with Lena Waithe to discuss her recent Emmy nomination, relationship with a Hollywood executive, and the importance of having television content reflective of black culture.
- Lena’s recent Emmy nomination for Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series.
- The importance of representing black culture in Hollywood.
- The story behind Lena’s coming out story in Master of None’s “Thanksgiving” episode.
- Being her current partner’s first girlfriend and dating a Hollywood executive.
- Working with Steven Spielberg in the upcoming film, “Ready Player One”.
- Her upcoming series with Showtime, “The Chi”, and the the motivation behind its inception.
- Why it’s critical to have more black executives in Hollywood.
- Fish Bowl: Are you holding onto something you should let go of? What big lesson can people learn from your life?
- And much more!